Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 2

Started the day with a couple of slices of bread and a green smoothie. Ice, a banana, an apple , spinach and vanilla almond milk in the blender. (I did use sugar in it as well, not sure if that was the best idea, but it needed some sweetener!) And a couple of slices of bread, keeping up my starches.
Lunch, hummus and tortilla chips and an orange.
Snack, a bagel with honey.
Dinner, spaghetti with marinara. (I love a good meat sauce, so that was the only bad part)

The worst part abut today was the MUNCHIES!! I'm craving sugar like crazy. Not starch sugar, like a king size twix, a kit kat and a few Reese's peanut butter cups sugar... I had a couple of mints and a few peppermint patties, and a piece if candied pineapple and a bite of pineapple candy I made. Just sugar and fruit, so nothing too bad (and I made them myself so I know what is in it). I need to be better about drinking more water, and I know I need to be better about actually eating my starches. It's kind of a difficult thing - more starch, more starch. It goes against all I've been programmed to do for weight loss! I did Atkins for crying out loud! My munchies are kicking in again.... Time to go find a starchy snack. Maybe more spaghetti.

I did go to the store tonight, thinking of what I can make. I got some tofu and some sauces that I figured I'd try. Tofu is supposed to soak up the favors of whatever you cook it in, so lets see if we can make it taste any good.

I also had a crazy realization tonight. I hate salad! Which is stupid, because I love salad - but only when it is absolutely DRENCHED in a good dressing. Ranch, green goddess, poppyseed, Caesar.... All dairy based. I tried a salad with lemon and salt - epic fail. Oi. I need to find and/or create some good dressing recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment